- Do not add algae control products.
- Use Bacteria, only if absolutely necessary, during the coolest part of the day.
- If you do not have an aerator, purchase one. Most of the time a waterfall will not add sufficient oxygen in extreme heat.
- Keep the pond shaded by adding water lilies, lotus or floating plants.
- Offer places for your fish to hide—koi kastles, caves or plants.
- Add oxygenating plants like Hornwort.
- Do not change large amounts of water at one time.
- Feed no more than 2x daily.
- Keep your pump running at all times.
If you have any questions we’re here to help.